Sunday, October 15, 2017

NVC, GUZ, RTF, DS260: So Many Abbreviations!

We had a fun week with our adoption process progress! On Monday, I sent an email to the National Visa Center (NVC) to request our GUZ# and Invoice ID from our I-800 approval. I needed both of these numbers to fill out the DS260, which is Rynn's Immigrant Visa application. Thankfully on Tuesday morning, they emailed me right back with the information I requested! 

Right away, I went online to start filling out Rynn's visa application. I've heard stories of the website being locked up for hours and not typically working properly. BUT, to my surprise, I was able to log-on right away and get started on her application. I did get booted out every 20 minutes, so was sure to save my work page by page. It took about an hour, but wasn't too difficult to complete. 

The next piece of information I needed from the NVC was called an RTF, which is a PDF that basically says our I-800 approval has been sent to Guangzhou, China. I sent an email on Wednesday requesting this information. 

Here comes the cool part (for me it was, at least :) ).  I hadn't heard back from the NVC for 24 hours, which is their stated time limit for a reply. I was about to type another email on Thursday afternoon. I had the email all typed up and was saying a short prayer before sending it. I just prayed about being anxious to get the RTF and about not wanting to send another email.  I was literally about to click send, when I noticed my inbox said "1 new email". I clicked on my inbox, and sure enough, it was the RTF I had been waiting for! I know God answers our prayers, but I didn't think it would be that quickly! :) 

Sometimes I feel discouraged and overwhelmed by all the paperwork, finances, waiting, unknowns, of this process.  But it's little moments like these that I know God is with us, each step of the way. And we have no option but to trust Him. We still have quite a few obstacles in front of us that will require much faith and trust. But I am often reminded that God can move mountains with even the smallest of faith we have to offer. 

Next and final step before Travel Approval is the Article 5! Update on this to come hopefully later this week!

If you haven't already seen our post on facebook about our puzzle piece fundraiser, I placed it below. :) Ayin wanted to start putting the puzzle together the other day, but is a little concerned at how difficult it's going to be! Haha.







Help bring home our missing piece with this puzzle fundraiser! Buy one piece (or 20!) of Rynn's puzzle for $10 each. We will write your name (or whatever name you would like) on the back of each piece you purchase. The puzzle will later be placed in a double-sided frame to show the love and support from friends and family! Comment below: How many pieces would you like?
There are a few ways to donate:
1. For a tax deductible donation: http://www.connectedheartsministry.org/waltner-family-sponsorship

2. Send a check to our address which will be deposited in our adoption savings account.
3. Get it to us in person anytime or at Rynn's shower on November 5th. 
Thanks so much for your continued love, support and prayers!




No comments:

Post a Comment